Our custom styling of datatables sorting broke between versions 1.11.5 and 1.12.0

Our custom styling of datatables sorting broke between versions 1.11.5 and 1.12.0

ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi

our custom styling of datatables sort icons broke when upgrading to 1.12.0 (from 1.11.5) with the package datatables.net-dt

this is our current set of package imports, but if I upgrade that package to 1.12.0 or 1.12.1 it breaks

"datatables.mark.js": "^2.1.0",
    "datatables.net": "^1.12.1",
    "datatables.net-buttons": "^2.2.3",
    "datatables.net-buttons-dt": "^2.2.3",
    "datatables.net-dt": "1.11.5",
    "datatables.net-fixedheader": "^3.2.4",
    "datatables.net-fixedheader-dt": "^3.2.4",

Is anyone able to describe what changed, such that I can update our styles show properly again or provide guidance on how we should style the header. Thanks

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited July 2022

okay I'll look into doing that

I since note that 1.10.19 is the last package, and sometime between 1.10.19 to 1.11.5 show both your sort asc/desc buttons and ours. I guess something changed trying to narrow down the package, but this was years ago and frankly, the fault is ours in not upgrading packages promptly.