DataTables Button Semantic UI (Webjars) returning "â–¾" instead of "▾" in CSS for colvis dropdown

DataTables Button Semantic UI (Webjars) returning "â–¾" instead of "▾" in CSS for colvis dropdown

rayman245rayman245 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited August 7 in Free community support

Hi there,

I am facing issues when using "/webjars/datatables-buttons/css/buttons.semanticui.css" in my index.html. The UTF char for colvis button content is returning the weird text instead.

This is my index.html header

If I were to use from cdn https://cdn.datatables.net/buttons/2.2.2/css/buttons.semanticui.css there is no issues.
As matter of fact if I used the min.css files the order arrows also face the same issue.

One thing I did noticed if I tried accessing http://localhost:8080/webjars/datatables-buttons/css/buttons.semanticui.css from postman, the character is returned properly.

For now I will revert to using the cdn version, but would be great if someone could help me understand why this is happening.

Thanks,
Raymond

Answers

  • colincolin Posts: 14,442Questions: 1Answers: 2,460

    We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

    Cheers,

    Colin

  • allanallan Posts: 56,837Questions: 1Answers: 9,033 Site admin

    My guess is that your web server isn't serving the file up as UTF8, or something like that. But as Colin says, we'd need a test case really.

    Allan

Sign In or Register to comment.