please how can I use datatable on react, with the functionality to print, download as excel, pdf etc

please how can I use datatable on react, with the functionality to print, download as excel, pdf etc

tradersofafricatradersofafrica Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

It would be worth searching the web for that kind of info - for example this Medium page shows how to integrate with React. For the export, you need to include the Buttons extension like this example.

Colin

• tradersofafricatradersofafrica Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello the example on the link is on javascript, css and html. I didn't see how it was integrated on react js. you mind sharing a the code using a react example.

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

We don't currently have a code example of DataTables in react. That is something I plan to work on in the near future, similar to the Vue package I did recently.

In the meantime, as Colin said, there are a number of posts from third parties showing how React and DataTables can be used together.

Allan

is there a link or a video to it you can point me to? the link that Colin shared uses class component on the react app and I am more familiar with functional component. I appreciate your feedback.

Answer ✓

https://github.com/rtman/react-datatables perhaps? I'm sure you can use Google as well as I can.

Allan

okay. Thank you

• Leo BrunoLeo Bruno Posts: 19Questions: 3Answers: 0

I´m trying to make datatables.net work as a functional component with react 18 for over 14 days.

I can say that an official guide is needed, because I had to gather information scattered over a large amount of internet posts containing old react content that either do not work anymore or shouldn´t be used (as class components for instance).

So far, I managed to get basic functionality working, but there are several issues that need´s to be addressed.

For instance, css is loaded but not applyed (search box and pagination style issues).
    Buttons do not work, etc, etc, etc.

I´m currently trying to set up a test case at codesandbox.com, but datatables.net seems to be broken there.

Thanks for the feedback. React isn't something I've dived into much myself and I really need to rectify that so I can write a proper integration plug-in similar the the Vue one.

Allan

• fhuofhuo Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hy Leo
    my Datatables works in React. The only problem I have is that ReactDom.render does not work in React 18.
    i.e
    createdCell: (td, cellData, rowData) =>
    ReactDOM.render(
    <button
    id={rowData.id}
    onClick={() => {
    this.props.deleteRow(rowData.id);
    }}
    >
    {" "}
    Delete{" "}
    </button>,
    td
    ),

Maybe someone has a solution for that problem.
    Thank you - Freddy