How to edit ssp.class.php for custom HTTP variables (date range filter)

How to edit ssp.class.php for custom HTTP variables (date range filter)

asleasle Posts: 96Questions: 28Answers: 0

I am trying to use the date range filter example with server-side. I am adding a filter for date on "reg_dato" field. I understand I need to change the code in server-processing.php according to this post but do I also need to change some code in the ssp.class.php?

I also read in the linked post that It may be better to use the editor libraries? I am using editor on other pages. I could not find any examples of edited ssp.class.php? I want to display dates in the MIN and MAX field as DD-MM-YY but need to send this to the server script as YYYY-MM-DD for mySQL.

• I had to write this to send the value in correct format for mySQL. Do you know why?

my client code:

// Create date inputs
minDate = new DateTime($('#min'), {
    format: 'DD-MM-YYYY'
});
maxDate = new DateTime($('#max'), {
    format: 'DD-MM-YYYY'
});
// Refilter the table
$('#min, #max').on('change', function () {
    table.draw(); //alert('draw: ' + $('#minDate.val()')); 
});

table = $('#example').DataTable( {
        processing: true,
        serverSide: true,
        ajax: {
            url: '/admin/ajax/server_processing.php',
            data: function (d) {
                d.min = moment($('#min').val()).format('YYYY-DD-MM'); // this format sends to server script as YYYY-MM-DD
                d.max = moment($('#max').val()).format('YYYY-DD-MM');           
            },
        },

In chrome - network tab I can see the value sent:

search[regex]: false
 min: 2022-08-02
 max: Invalid date
 _: 1661174931785

In server_processing.php I try to capture the variable for min and max:

$extraWhere = '';
if(isset($_GET['min'])){
    $extraWhere .= " AND reg_dato >= " $_GET['min'];
}; 
if(isset($_GET['min'])){
    $extraWhere .= " AND reg_dato <= " $_GET['min'];
}; 

echo json_encode(
    SSP::simple( $_GET, $sql_details, $table, $primaryKey, $columns, $extraWhere )

This fails with the last line and I am not surprised since this is probably not the way to enter extra sql clauses.

• How to I write the last line to capture the extra sql? Where do I put $extraWhere in ssp.class.php? Or should I use the EDITOR libraries for this?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,831Questions: 1Answers: 10,132 Site admin

Hi,

Personally I'd use the Editor libraries over the SSP class every time as I like its fluent interface, it is documented and fully supported.

However, SSP class has the benefit of being fairly simple to read and understand.

In this case, the SSP::simple method does not have a parameter for the extraWhere. There is a SSP::complex method for that.

One small complexity there - you don't want the AND at the start of the string you are passing in. Consider the case when there is no other filter - it would end up as WHERE AND reg_dato ... which would throw an SQL error.

I'd probably use an array for the conditions and then join them with AND as the joining expression to solve that.

Allan