Single row in large table not searchable

Single row in large table not searchable

michaeladammichaeladam Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2011 in Bug reports
For one of my clients, they have come across an issue where the filter will completely ignore one row in the table. Users can search for any piece of text in that row and it will not show up in the results.

What would cause only one row (out of 500 in this case) to not be searchable? The row is not the first/last row, its somewhere in the middle of the data set.

The table is using version 1.8.2 with ajax loading with client side processing.

Thanks.

Replies

• michaeladammichaeladam Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    looks like I fixed this.

I moved this to bug reports, although I am not sure if it was my own user error that caused this.

I was sending some HTML down from the server as part of an ajax call. The server replaced "\n" with
    to show the line breaks. However, the actual line break was "\r\n", so I was left with "\r
    ". Apparently a "\r" in a row will break the indexer and not let the row be searchable.
  • allanallan Posts: 62,012Questions: 1Answers: 10,166 Site admin
    Thanks very much for your investigation on this and letting me know! I've just committed a fix for this issue ( http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/6313/_fndatatosearch-doesn039t-handle-carriage-returns-correctly#Item_3 )which is now available in the DataTables nightly and will be in the next release :-)

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.