Every other time a DataTables item in a dialog is opened it does not get data from server

Every other time a DataTables item in a dialog is opened it does not get data from server

pwdpwd Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited October 2009 in General
I have a problem that is a part of a large app, I have not been able to reproduce it
is a small bit of code but wanted to see if this is a know issues or someone has
a idea about where to look for the problem.

I have a page that has a number of "tabs" loaded, one at a time using the jquery load function.
On two of these pages I have a DataTable (one each) which works like a charm.

On another page I have a button that pops up a dialog (using the ui.dialog from jquery) with
the contents of the dialog being a DataTable.

If I select the tab with the dialog the data table will get the data from the server every time (hitting
esc and selecting again) if I got to another tab and then back to the one with the dialog then ever OTHER
time the data will be gotten from the server, on the odd attempts the data will not be shown (just the loading
text that I have in the static table). From firebug it looks like the request is being made to and returned from the
server but the data is not showing up in the table (nor is the 1 of n, nor the paging stuff).

Does anyone have any ideas where I might start looking.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Hi pwd,

I'm afraid that this isn't an issue that I'm aware of. Perhaps the place to start would be to use a custom fnServerData() function and just add some debug into there. That will confirm if the functions are being called correctly - then you will be looking at adding debug statements into the DataTables core fnDraw function and others.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.