Editor 2.0.10 for .Net Framework NuGet errors

Editor 2.0.10 for .Net Framework NuGet errors

ZefxZefx Posts: 8Questions: 4Answers: 1

Hi
I just downloaded the Editor demo/eval.

Unzipped. Created sln file.

Go to "Manage NuGet packages", get "Some Nuget packages are missing...", click "Restore", packages download.
Build fails with the following error:

This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is ..\packages\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.2.0.0\build\net45\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.props. Editor NET Framework Demo D:\DevelopmentExperiments\DataTablesEditor\Editor NET Framework Demo.csproj 329

Same in VS 2017 and VS 2019.

Thanks in advance!
Joe

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Hi Joe,

I've just sent a reply by e-mail, so I'll repost that reply here for completeness.

Does it install the required package if you click the Restore button? It sounds like you might be missing the C# 6 compiler, which the Editor libraries use. This is the package that is needed.

Allan

• ZefxZefx Posts: 8Questions: 4Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

Thanks Allan
    Posting the solution here in case it helps someone else...
    I somehow extracted just the folder without the sln, so when I created a new sln the EnsureNuGetPackageBuildImports entry in the csproj was referencing the wrong relative path.
    User Error!