Scheduling Reports to save or email

Scheduling Reports to save or email

AmbientAmbient Posts: 23Questions: 9Answers: 0

This is a rather simple one. My boss is looking to port perhaps to full editable datatables. However, the main concern he has is this...we currently have the ability to schedule reports to trigger in Crystal and these can be set to email or save to folder a html, doc, csv, pdf file . This can be set on a schedule. I.E. Every night at 3:00 a.m email report as pdf to x@mail.com or save report to xls in folder C:\Reports\x.xls Are there plans to incorporate scheduling into the datables library and if so, what kind of time frame are we talking? If this is in the pipeline are there any plugins anyone could suggest to do this?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,611Questions: 1Answers: 10,089 Site admin

Are there plans to incorporate scheduling into the datables library

No - that would be outside of the scope of what we offer. To set up a scheduled task you would use something like Windows Task Scheduler (or cron on *nix). That task could then utilise the Editor libraries to query the database if you wanted to, but normally I think it would just be a direct query to get the information you need - i.e. create a reporting program if you don't already have one.

Allan

• AmbientAmbient Posts: 23Questions: 9Answers: 0

Thanks for the reply! I was just wondering.