How to replace free version of data tables with the licensed version?

How to replace free version of data tables with the licensed version?

benzYashaswinibenzYashaswini Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Can anyone help me in verifying the licensed version of datatables?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Once you've purchased the license (and thank you!), you just need to download the Editor files again, as this time they won't be time restricted by the trial. Once download, just replace your previous download with the new files. This section of the manual should help,

Colin

• benzYashaswinibenzYashaswini Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited February 2023

Thank you @colin for the response.
    Please note that we have currently used a CDN link reference. Could you please guide on where i can find the link for licensed version and how to verify the same.
    Regards

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,184Questions: 26Answers: 4,925

There are two different packages; Datatables and Editor. Datatables doesn't require a license and can be loading via CDN or downloaded using the Download Builder.

You can download the Editor here. It doesn't support being loaded via CDN. It can only be loaded locally. You can start with a 14 day license then purchase a license here. Once licensed you need to download it again to replace the trial version with the licensed version.

Kevin

Hi @kthorngren, Thanks for your response.
    Please note that we have purchased the license and followed the installation manual to include the lib files for editor locally. But the referencing is still not working and shows the following error -
    $.fn.dataTable.Editor is not a constructor

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 63,238Questions: 1Answers: 10,418 Site admin

Are you able to give me a link to the page showing the issue? I'd be able to track down where the trial code is being included from if that is still the case.

Without being able to see it, it is very difficult to say what needs to be changed to fix it, since it could be anything from a permissions error on the server to a JS error.

The first thing to check would be that your page is loading the dataTables.editor.js file (or the .min.js version). Is it? And if it is, is the code in it readable, or obfuscated?

Allan

Hi Allan,
    fortunately the error seems to be resolved and i was able to implement the inline edit feature as well.
    But most importantly i want to verify the subscription now. So could you guide me on how to do the same.
    I tried installing the trial version to see the warning message/ restriction by the trial. But there was no such thing.
    Could you help me verify the same?

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 63,238Questions: 1Answers: 10,418 Site admin

The trial version's code is obfuscated and should be unreadable. The licensed version will be readable (even if it is minimised it should still be a little bit readable).

There is no other way to validate the install of the licensed version.

Allan