Multiple lists for each user

Multiple lists for each user

schaffaschaffa Posts: 25Questions: 6Answers: 0

I am planning a DataTable to keep track of drivers and I have 5 separate companies that need to view their drivers

The drivers work for all 5 companies, or maybe they only work with one company.

I am thinking it can be possible through filter options, but need to confirm

Answers

• globalplaneglobalplane Posts: 70Questions: 12Answers: 0

Can you give more details? Is this for each company to be able to view data on only the drivers that work for them?

• schaffaschaffa Posts: 25Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hi! Thank you for the quick reply!

I would like to have ~400 drivers, and ~10 companies.

Some drivers work for multiple companies, some companies will have drivers who only work for them.

If possible I would like to have each company have their own list (with a custom link to it)
    But drawing from the whole list of drivers

I am thinking, each driver will have a row in the list and as admin I can have a hidden checkbox list of with the companies where I can check the relevant company (in the edit window)

Does that make sense?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Are you using Editor for the editing? Or CloudTables? Or some other mechanism.

CloudTable

Seems that posts were merged

To be clear about the users

The users will be companies with read-only rights

The content will be driver who each have their own data row with edit rights and can only see their data

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

In CloudTables this can be enforced using our conditional data access options. So wherever it is that you are embedding the data set will also know what company the person belongs to or who the diver is. Based on that, your server-side should request an access token to the data with conditions that match those criteria.

Regards,
    Allan

I would be using WP hosted on Kinsta

Disregard that:)

Ok that issue solved. Thank you

It looks like my other question was merged to here:

Is it possible for the driver to have a link that goes directly to the “Edit” window so they can edit/update their specific info?

At this time, no, sorry. That is something I plan to add in future, but there is no time frame for that feature at the moment.

Allan

edited May 2023

Is there any way for a driver to edit their info without being able to see/edit info from anyone else?
    Or be able to access the admin side?

This is my final requirement for my project as I can’t fill in everyone’s info every time they update

Yes, using the conditional data access. Just limit the user to what they should be able to see (I presume you have some kind of login system that has an account name or something like that)?

Allan