Checkboxes do not render for a single user

Checkboxes do not render for a single user

katzmoyekatzmoye Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

This is a fun one. We have an app using DataTables and the returned uuid of the row is rendered as a checkbox. One user however sees only the uuids, in both Chrome and Edge. I cannot recreate the issue, so I am unsure how to solve it. Any thoughts?
What I see:

What the user is seeing:

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,196Questions: 26Answers: 4,926

Its hard to say without seeing any code but I would look at the browser's console for errors.

Kevin

• katzmoyekatzmoye Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

My bad, this is what we see in the console.

User is using Chrome version 113.0.5672.64, which is a little out of date but this site has been running for a couple of years now with no issues, and no one else has reported this behavior.

Thank you for any help!

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,196Questions: 26Answers: 4,926
    edited June 2023

The 503 Service Unavailable is an error coming from the server. The dataTables.checkboxes library is from a third party developer, Gyrocode checkboxes. Here is more information about the 503 Service Unavailable error. Most of the troubleshooting steps are server based which you may not have access to, depending on where you are loading the code from. This problem isn't related to anything Datatables is doing or has control of. I would start with the following:

1. The Chrome browser might have an extension causing the issue. Try incognito mode or a different browser.
    2. Try copying the script tag URL for dataTables.checkboxes.min.js into the browser to see what happens.
    3. Guessing the library is being downloaded via CDN. Download the code and place it on the server and load it locally from the server.
    4. If you don't want to load the library code from the local server then contact the Gyrcode checkboxes developer or the CDN hosting service for help with the 503 error.

Kevin

• katzmoyekatzmoye Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks Kevin, I'll look into those suggestions!