TableTools ?

TableTools ?

asaasa Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2009 in General
Hi ..
i want to use the TableTools , but my problem is the TableTools not showup see http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8941/syspic.jpg
i follow what have been written here
http://datatables.net/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=676&page=1#Item_0
but still there is no tabletools show
i think maybe it related put a buttons in the header of the table

[code]

[/code]

Replies

• asaasa Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
    i solve it , now its show , but the problem i can print preview only , i even install the flash 10 but it still the same
  • allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Hi asa,

Could you drop me a mail using http://datatables.net and I'll send you my development version of DataTables in which I have hopefully fixed this issue. If it's not fixed, would you be able to post a link or send me some of the data which is breaking it for you?

Regards,
    Allan
    hi again ... thanx for replay
    what i really notice that when i put the jsp page inside the tabletools folder its work , but when i put it out side the folder dosenot work ,even if i have put the whole path ,like this
    [code]
    [/code]
    in this way i get only the print preview work ,the others not working
    thanx so much allan ... i solve the problem:)
    Hi again
    first i test the code in my PC at home its work great
    but when i try it at my work , it didnt work ,that when i try to save as excel file , the file saved but without any
    data..
    the different berween my home Pc and work pc
    is the my home pc is XP windows the other is vista...
    so is this related some how ?
    Hi asa,

Could it be an old cached version of TableTools causing the problem? Try clearing your cache and seeing if that helps... ctrl + f5 I think forces a reload of everything on IE and Firefox (Windows).

Regards,
    Allan
  • izzy6150izzy6150 Posts: 49Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi there,

just a quick question on this topic. is there not a setting on tis plugin that requires the extra files to be in a certain directory? I only ask because I have used this plugin and i remember that i had to edit a line oc actuall code to get it to find the swf file correctly. this may be your problem. take a quick look at how TableTools is being initialized and you might find that you need to change a line to reference the correct locations.

Not sure if this will help,

Regards,
    Izzy
    izzy6150: i know what you mean i already change the path in the tabletool.js as following
    "sSwfPath": "dataTables-1.5/extras/TableTools/media/swf/ZeroClipboard.swf"
    and its work great at home but at work it save the xls file but without any data

allan:thanx alot but it didn't work
    Very odd indeed. Are your home and work computers both running Flash 10? I've not got any reason why it would work from one location, but not another other than cache or the plug-in version. Have you tried a third computer to see what that does?

Regards,
    Allan
    yes both running flash 10 ,, see i can save the file from your tabletools example
    http://datatables.net/1.5-beta/extras/TableTools/
    on my work pc which mean i already have the flash 10 and i even check the adds on in the explorer and its flash 10 enable so the flash is not the problem
    but can you tell where in the code i can check if the data goes to the file or not , to see is it pickups the data to the file or not ...
    thanx
    Hi asa,

Sure - if you look in the function fnFeatureSaveXLS() you'll see an event handler for 'mouseDown' which calls fnGetDataTablesData(). That's the function which gets the data - so you'll want to check the return from that.

Regards,
    Allan
    Hi again ....
    i figure out what was the problem , the different in my home and work was the data
    at work the data contain ;, so the some code lines in tabletool.js will not work
    this line :
    [code]sData += _DTSettings.aoData[ _DTSettings.aiDisplay[j] ]._aData[ i ].replace(/\n/g," ").replace( /<.*?>/g, "" ) +sSeperator;
    [/code]
    Hi asa,

Ah - very interesting. Did I not send over a latest development version of TableTools to you? This line of code doesn't exist in the very latest dev version - although there might still be an issue. Could you possibly post an example of some data which works, and some which doesn't?

Thanks,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.