Login Page & config.php

Login Page & config.php

Niko@1966Niko@1966 Posts: 16Questions: 7Answers: 3

I want to create a login so that user and pass in the config.php file are updated based on the username and password from a login page. I cant find an example to help me do that. Also is this the best approach to create a login page for datatables editor.
Thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,991Questions: 26Answers: 4,887

Not sure exactly what you are looking for. See if this thread helps. If not please provide more details.

Kevin

• Niko@1966Niko@1966 Posts: 16Questions: 7Answers: 3

I want to create a login page but I am not sure where to start. I can create login pages that have usernames and passwords authentication. What i am having trouble with is synchronizing the username and password from the login page with the user name and password called out in the config file.
    Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin

Do you have a PDO database connection that you can use already? If you have a database connection that you are using to do the login page, then it is possible to use that existing PDO connection with our Database class, so you only need to establish a single database connection.

Alan

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin
    Answer ✓

username and password from the login page with the user name and password called out in the config file.

It isn't clear in your question - but the user name and password the end user enters into the login page will not be the database user name and password - right? Normally the database would have a list of users names and passwords (correctly hashed).

Maybe it is just the wording of your question, but that distinction is important. You'd never give the end user your database user/pass!

Allan