Nested editor with select2?

Nested editor with select2?

jacob.steinbergerjacob.steinberger Posts: 86Questions: 18Answers: 1

I haven't tried this, so this may be too vague of a question - apologies if it is, and disregard if so.

Is it possible to use select2 with multiselect in combination with nested editing?

Since you have to specify the type as "datatables" on everything, it seems like the answer may be no?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,006Questions: 1Answers: 10,165 Site admin

Hi,

Do you mean to edit the value shown in the Select2 entry? If so, then I'm afraid that is not something that Editor has built in. It probably is possible, you need to trigger the edit somehow (in the datatable field type I use Buttons to do that), but I don't expect it would be trivial. Sorry.

Allan

• jacob.steinbergerjacob.steinberger Posts: 86Questions: 18Answers: 1

The goal would be to utilize Select2's more user-friendly multi-select on a list option, but the ability to add entries as a nested option.

I'm going to fumble around with it and see what I can break. Thanks for the reply!

• allanallan Posts: 62,006Questions: 1Answers: 10,165 Site admin

Ah - just a simple list item, not a more complex underlying database table, but perhaps a simple id / value pair? In that case, it should be possible without nested editing. Select2 provides functionality for that sort of addition of options I believe.

Allan