How to download datatables library files that work with JQuery-3.6.3-min.js?

How to download datatables library files that work with JQuery-3.6.3-min.js?

jgdvsbjgdvsb Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,948Questions: 26Answers: 4,876

Use the Download Builder to select all the options you want, except jQuery 3.7.0. Use a script tag to load the version of jQuery you want followed by the generated code from the Download Builder.

Kevin

• jgdvsbjgdvsb Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited September 2023

Datatable version 1.13.6 available from download is compatible with jquery 3.7.0, not 3.6.3. How can I download the datatable compatible with 3.6.3 using script tags?(Refer pic)

The Download Builder provides the option of downloading jQuery 3.7.0 with the download package. That doesn't mean that 3.7.0 is the only version its compatible with. The Datatables Dependancies doc states this:

jQuery 1.7 or newer will work with DataTables, although typically you will want to use the latest version.

There isn't an option with the Download builder to bundle other versions of jQuery. You will need to use a separate script tag to load jQuery as I described above.

Kevin

• jgdvsbjgdvsb Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

As a newbie, I am not sure how to download a specific version of a library using a script tag?

edited September 2023 Answer ✓

Its standard HTML. See this tutorial. You can download , from this page or use CDN to load jQuery. There is a link to past releases at the bottom of the page.

Here is a simple example using jQuery 3.6.3 and Datatables 1.13.6 loaded using CDN:
    https://live.datatables.net/xotalupa/1/edit

You can change from a CDN link to using a local web server path to load both if you wish.

Kevin