FixedHeader: How to "fixed/freeze" just the first tr in multiple rows inside thead?

FixedHeader: How to "fixed/freeze" just the first tr in multiple rows inside thead?

bgastaldibgastaldi Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2023 in Free community support

Hi everyone,

I'm using the DataTables library along with the FixedHeader plugin to make my tables more user-friendly. However, I'm facing an issue with FixedHeader, and I'm hoping someone can help me find a solution.

I have a table with two <tr> elements in the <thead>, but I want to fix only the first <tr> at the top when scrolling. I've tried various configurations, but I couldn't find a straightforward way to achieve this.

<table id="example" class="display dataTable" style="width:100%">
    <thead>
        <tr class="fixed-header-row">
            <th>Header 1</th>
            <th>Header 2</th>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <th>Subheader 1</th>
            <th>Subheader 2</th>
        </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td>Data 1</td>
            <td>Data 2</td>
        </tr>
    </tbody>
</table>

Could someone please provide guidance on how to configure the FixedHeader plugin to make it fix only the first <tr class="fixed-header-row"> within the <thead>?

In the second <tr>, I have filters. However, when scrolling the page, I don't want to keep them fixed.

I would like to show the following:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,083Questions: 26Answers: 4,908

According to this thread from March FixedHeader does not support multiple headers. Looking at the Release notes I don't see anything about this being added since March. Sounds like support will be available with Datatables 2.

Kevin

• bgastaldibgastaldi Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited October 2023

Hi @kthorngren

Actually, it's working but I want to keep only one row, not two.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

I'm sorry no, that isn't possible in FixedHeader. I don't recall coming across that requirement before I'm afraid. It would require changes in FixedHeader to add something like this.

Allan

• bgastaldibgastaldi Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Ok @allan .

Thank you