Multi Select Edit form not visible

Multi Select Edit form not visible

the_macethe_mace Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

I have an issue i'm trying to figure out where the multi-select edit box isn't showing. I can multi-select rows, and press the edit button, but the box isn't visible as a popup when I click the button

If I manually trigger a editor.bubble with an onClick it shows up fine. And the DataTables debugger shows fine when enabled.

When inspecting the DOM, before clicking edit the DTED_Lightbox_Wrapper isn't there, but after clicking Edit on my page I see a DTED_Lightbox_Wrapper div, but its not visible. It is the last item before </body>

In Chrome debug tools I manually modified the position to absolute and top and left values to get it visible on the page and I can see some content from it then, but it still has no background and had to be moved manually to see anything.

Im using DataTables editor 2.0.8

Any ideas on what can be stopping the overlay of this edit but not the debug or bubble?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,990Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

Are you loading the Editor CSS? It sounds like some of the styles are missing.

To be able to diagnose much further than that, I'd need a link to a page showing the issue please.

Thanks,
    Allan

• the_macethe_mace Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

Yes, loading the editor CSS, everything else (inline edit for example) working as expected. I'll need to figure out how to reproduce in a way I can share

This is a server side implementation, here's a gist with a Django template without any non-standard third party includes:
    https://gist.github.com/the-mace/9d91ed950c4288d9837afdf490c0e557

Looks like this when it loads:

Selecting a row and pressing edit does this:

You can see the edit block comes in way down low, off the screen and definitely not an overlay on the table etc.

Clicking on first row shows the bubble (just to show that kind of thing is working:

There's not much to it at this point. Any ideas with this additional info?

Have you loaded in the editor.bootstrap5.js file? It looks like you are using Bootstrap styling (I'm guessing 5 since it is current) so you would need the integration files for it. I suspect you are also missing the dataTables.bootstrap5.js file based on the misalignment of the table control elements.

Equally make sure you load editor.bootstrap5.css rather than editor.dataTables.css (and likewise for DataTables).

The download builder is the best way to make sure you get all the files you need.

Allan

edited November 2023 Answer ✓

I've just remembered your gist from above!

Change:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{% static 'css/editor.bootstrap.min.css' %}">

to be:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{% static 'css/editor.bootstrap5.min.css' %}">

And change:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{% static 'js/dataTables.editor.min.js' %}"></script>

To be:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{% static 'js/dataTables.editor.min.js' %}"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="{% static 'js/editor.bootstrap5.min.js' %}"></script>

Also change:

dom: "lftripB",

To be:

dom: "<'row'<'col-sm-12 col-md-6'l><'col-sm-12 col-md-6'f>>" +
            "<'row'<'col-sm-12'tr>>" +
            "<'row'<'col-sm-12 col-md-5'i><'col-sm-12 col-md-7'p>>" +
            "<'row'<'col-sm-12'B>>",

Yes it looks terrible :). DataTables 2 will fix that :)

Allan

Thank you, the only thing that was absolutely needed was:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{% static 'js/editor.bootstrap5.min.js' %}"></script>

That solved it:

I also took the time to update my editor license, I thought it was a subscription but evidently it wasnt. Thanks for the continued excellent work and support!

Thank you :)

Great to hear you got it working!

Allan