Slow SearchPanes: Do I always have to return all searchPanes options from server if count is 0?

Slow SearchPanes: Do I always have to return all searchPanes options from server if count is 0?

root66root66 Posts: 2Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited November 2023 in Free community support

I have seen in the editor server libraries that you always determine all labels, even if SearchPane options are already selected:

First query (slow):

SELECT DISTINCT phone as 'label', phone as 'value' FROM users LEFT JOIN sites ON sites.id = users.site GROUP BY phone

and then (fast):

SELECT DISTINCT phone as 'value', COUNT(*) as count FROM users LEFT JOIN sites ON sites.id = users.site WHERE (users.first_name = :where_1 ) GROUP BY phone

The problem is that (for me) MySQL takes 0.1 seconds to select the labels per 100,000 data records. Per field! Even though an index is used. With 1,000,000 data records and 10 fields in the DataTable, this is already 10 seconds loading time just for the SearchPanes labels!

Is this really necessary if you have deactivated "viewTotal" and only a few options are displayed? If I have switched off "cascadePanes", the panes are not updated anyway. And if it is switched on, all entries with count = 0 are not displayed. Why do they still have to be transmitted by the server?