Are there any common mistakes when initializing an editor that leads to submitHtml not rendering?

Are there any common mistakes when initializing an editor that leads to submitHtml not rendering?

Rashid_QSRashid_QS Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello,
I am currently encountering an issue when I start a full row inline edit where the submitHtml, and cancelHtml are not rendering. My code for the event that enables inline editing closely resembles the example found at:
https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/fullRow.html

I see no errors in the JavaScript console and the inline edit does start. The Font Awesome icon that I use to enable the editing remains and when inspecting the DOM I don't see the any sign of the HTML I passed into the inline function (submitHtml and cancelHtml).

I don't want to outsource all the grunt work to the forum but was wondering if there are any common pitfalls with settings or other DataTables/Editor events that could possibly cause this kind of behavior.

I am using DataTables with Bootstrap 4 and Editor v2.2.2.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or resources that may assist with debugging this ( I've been trying to to tease out the issue with no luck so far).
Thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,522Questions: 1Answers: 10,272 Site admin

Hi,

It is all about the cancelTrigger and editTrigger selectors. They need to point to the elements you want to update. It is also possible that you might need to run a function for FontAwesome to tell it to render (it depends on what version / implementation of FontAwesome you are using).

If you are able to give me a link to the page I should be able to say with a little more certainity what is going on.

Allan

• Rashid_QSRashid_QS Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited November 2023

Hello Allan,

Thank you for your response. I got permission to give you a login and link to the page in question. Could I send you the link privately?

I can also send you a few notes that may assist you.

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 62,522Questions: 1Answers: 10,272 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Thank you - I've sent a PM in reply.

Allan