Is there a limit to the number of searchpanes values?

Is there a limit to the number of searchpanes values?

tacman1123tacman1123 Posts: 198Questions: 46Answers: 1

I'm trying to debug a script that works when there are 100 values within a searchpane, but doesn't display just that one specific field if there are more, like 255.

That is, I'm setting the searchpanes options like this, tags work but keywords don't.

![]

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,990Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

No - there is no limit if SearchPanes. If you can provide a link to a page showing the issue I can take a look.

Allan

• tacman1123tacman1123 Posts: 198Questions: 46Answers: 1

https://ff.survos.com/

If keywords is shorter, it works, like the rest of the facets.

that last console.error is the options that are passed to the searchpanes

Is there any more information I can provide to help solve this one?

• allanallan Posts: 62,990Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

Oh I see. I think it just isn't meeting the required uniqueness threshold to display the pane. If every row is unique, there is no point in showing a pane - so we have the searchPanes.threshold option to define the threshold. Try changing it to 0.25 or something else for your project. I expect the pane should appear again.

Allan

Hmm. Even with threshold set at 0.01, it fails for 300 items and works for 250 items.

And there is sufficient distribution. Even at 350 there are still at least 4 items per facet.

I know I can set the show value to true in columnDefs, and I can look at that.

Is there a way to set the show value in some other way besides targets: []? I never thinks of my columns as numerically indexed, they're always dynamic and I'd like to associate the settings [aka "defs"] of each column.

I can open that as a separate issue, unless you can point me easily to the docs. Thx.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,083Questions: 26Answers: 4,908

You can also use a classname with columnDefs.targets.

You don't have to use columnDefs for this, or any setting. If you are using columns you can apply the setting(s) there. columnDefs is meant to be used when the same setting is applied to multiple columns to avoid code duplication and in cases where columns is not used.

Kevin