(Impossible?) Feature Request: Show column value while scrolling

(Impossible?) Feature Request: Show column value while scrolling

squaregoldfishsquaregoldfish Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Currently when scrolling a large table (possibly only with the scroller add-on - I'm not sure), you get a little pop-up showing the live row number as you scroll.

It would be awesome if we could customise what's shown here. For example, the 'key' column in my table is a timestamp, so seeing the timestamp in the popup as I scroll would be more useful than the row number.

I understand that for server-side scrolling (where the table content is loaded on demand for the current viewport) this is currently impossible because the column values don't exist on the client side. The only way seems to be to have the complete contents of the 'key' column loaded on the client side, but this defeats the point of the on-demand loading from the server. However, I thought I'd ask just in case anyone smarter than me has any ideas as to how it might be achieved...

Replies

• squaregoldfishsquaregoldfish Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

One possibility could be to have a callback function for the popup content, and leave it to the user to figure out what they display in the popup.

• allanallan Posts: 62,990Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

At the moment you'd need to modify the library - there is no way to customise the label that is shown when scrolling (you are right, it is only with Scroller).

One difficult problem to solve with that would be what to do when server-side processing and you haven't got the data for the rows where you've scrolled to yet. I'm not sure how that would be resolved.

Allan