language feature broken for Editor and others?

language feature broken for Editor and others?

meriagmeriag Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

After upgrading to the current DT versions including the Editor (DT 2.0, E 2.3.0), I miss a number of translations that I provide with the language option. In a previous version, all translations showed up. Examples: Editor button labels, Editor labels in general, DateTime picker in general. My fault?

Test case, see here: https://live.datatables.net/buqidita/1/edit?html,js,output

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,934Questions: 1Answers: 10,155 Site admin
    Answer ✓
      buttons: {
        edit: "Bearbeiten"
      }

for the Edit button (updated example), but I am a little surprised that it is required. Let me look into this and get back to you.

Allan

• meriagmeriag Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you for your swift response. The above workaround solves the problem for the DataTable.

Just to clarify: Editor < 2.3 took over the translations from the attached DataTable table so an explicit setting with the i18n option was not necessary. Will this behaviour return?

If not planned so, I'd set the Editor translations explicitly (with i18n).

Yes, it will return, because that was the expected behaviour. E.g. this example should have Editor translated, so I've gone and broken something - apologies!

Allan

No worries, I just wanted to avoid putting energy in a workaround. Thank you for your efforts, you seem to be everywhere with everybody anytime. Great support, really!

Answer ✓

I've just committed a fix for this error. A single parameter in the end... The error was in DataTables 2.

The fix will land in DataTables 2.0.2, which I'll plan to release next week to address this issue.

Allan

edited February 28

Brilliant!