How to download the old v1.13.11 version of Datatables.net

How to download the old v1.13.11 version of Datatables.net

sloloslolo Posts: 33Questions: 6Answers: 0

Link to test case: NA
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net): NA
Error messages shown: NA
Description of problem:
Hello,

It is probably a stupid question but is there a way to download the "old" version 1.x of Datatables.net from the download builder?

If not, do I have to migrate to version 2?

Thanks in advance for your help and have a nice day.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

It is probably a stupid question but is there a way to download the "old" version 1.x of Datatables.net from the download builder?

Not yet. I will create a legacy version of the download builder in the near future though.

If not, do I have to migrate to version 2?

Not at all. You can use the old files from the CDN, npm or anywhere else. The only thing the download builder really does, is provide a convenient UI to select components. Indeed, you could even use the current download builder to get the URL structure for the CDN files and then change the versions in the URL as you need.

Allan

• sloloslolo Posts: 33Questions: 6Answers: 0

Thanks allan for your answer.

Using the old files from the CDN is not really "as safe as" download builder.
    The download builder has the big advantage of offering the correct versions of the files to use with a precise version of Datatables.

I just want to be sure to take the correct files as you can see on the screenshot:

I will wait for the legacy version of the download builder :)

I've put a download builder for DataTables 1 and compatible extensions here. It doesn't include the NPM output of the main download builder, but you can see the latest versions on that page (note there are actually one or two which have newer npm releases due to a dependency issue, so use ^majorVersion when setting your dependency version.

Allan

Hello allan,

Sorry, I haven't seen your message.

I have tried to get last release of Datatables.net files but I can't see the download button:

So, I am not sure to understand how it works.

Otherwise, I have a license to Editor v2.2.2 and I don't know if I can use Datatables v2 with it whitout renew (for the moment) my license.
    If it is safe, I will try to migrate my code from Datatables.net v1 to v2

I'm not sure how relevant the download builder is really, since you are using npm? If you need to know the versions of the packages which are compatible with DataTables 1.x, they are shown on the legacy download builder. But if you are using npm, you wouldn't download a new package from our site (other than Editor, which you can do from its download page (2.2.2).

Allan

In fact, I do not use npm for downloading Datatables.
    I have always used the download builder because I need offline sources for my web site.
    I am using npm only for being warn when a new release is available.

So I suppose there will be no more way to download the last v1 of Datatables.net

Create the CDN urls using the v1 download builder and then just save the JS and CSS from the CDN into your own two files :).

Worth noting that v1 isn't supported any more, so I would encourage upgrading to v2.

Allan

Thanks for your answer.

Just one last thing please.
    Can you confirm me that Datatables v2.0.2 is fully compatible with Editor v2.2.2 for the moment (until I renew my license)

Actually no - Editor 2.2 used a private API that has now been removed in DataTables 2 and replaced with a public one that is fully documented. As such, unfortunately Editor 2.2. will not work with DataTables 2. Editor 2.3+ will though.

Allan