Support for custom print template

Support for custom print template

cmpluscmplus Posts: 58Questions: 12Answers: 0

Anyone providing support in creating print templates? I use Laravel and datatables, I need to implement a model created with Excel as a print model for the tables, I tried but I was unable to complete the page automatically with the footer and header and adding empty lines if I have no data in the table to complete the page, someone who provides support and knows how to help me do this?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,775Questions: 1Answers: 10,112 Site admin

You mean you want to insert rows into the table to have it fill the full size of the paper? I'm not sure that is possible in CSS to be honest. You'd need to handle different paper sizes, what to do if there is enough content for multiple pages, multi-line rows and so on.

Allan

• cmpluscmplus Posts: 58Questions: 12Answers: 0

@allan
    Thank you for your answer, in fact I'm trying to do it but for now I haven't succeeded yet, the template has 23 predefined lines with header and footer set, at the moment I can fill the sheet correctly but I have size problems, the print is very large in size and I can't reduce, I was looking for an expert to be able to do this

I'm not really clear on how your template fits in with DataTables. Can you link to a page showing the issue please?

Allan

the situation is this of the page that I have to use to print
    but the lines are too big and when I print it is too big I can't resize and have it with the right size and the sheet filled completely

I'm still not clear how this relates to DataTables? Our export options certainly can't do that, and I'm not entirely sure how it would be done in CSS at all.

Allan

@allan
    Thanks for the replies, I'm doing it but I just have problems resizing the format, currently I can print but the dimensions are too large and I haven't yet managed to optimize this, thanks always available to answer

Answer ✓

Sorry, but I'm still not clear on how this relates to DataTables?

You'd be best asking on StackOverflow for generic web-development questions.

Allan

@allan
    I'm customizing the printing of the tables and I asked here, I'll try where you advised me