responsive server-side works only on first page

responsive server-side works only on first page

mihajlomihajlo Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

https://datatables.net/extensions/responsive/examples/initialisation/server-side-processing.html

Click on second page and you will see the responsiveness is gone.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Yep, thanks for letting us know. I'm also seeing it here on the first page even.

I've raised it internally (DD-2974 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 63,262Questions: 1Answers: 10,424 Site admin
    edited May 28

It is an error in DataTables and how it handles the row indexes for server-side processing. It was fixed by this commit.

I plan to do a release with the fix soon (possibly today).

Allan

• 2matweb2matweb Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hello @allan

Still not working on 2.0.8 version :neutral:

Did you know when it will be fixed ?

Seems to be working okay here.

Please link to a test case showing the issue so I can take a look into it.

Allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

@2matweb You could use this here as a starting point - it's using the most recent libraries and isn't showing the problem.

Colin

• eddyngeddyng Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I was going to post the same issue with broken feature when navigating to second page. It's not only the responsive server side. The rowGroup server side was also broken when navigating to page 2. The group headers show up correctly on page 1 but disappear when you navigate to page 2. Did the fix for the responsiveness issue also fix the rowGroup issue? If not, can you please take a look at it?

Yes it will have done. If it is broken with 2.0.8 for you, please link to a test case showing the issue so I can debug it, but that issue should now be resolved.

Allan

• eddyngeddyng Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Allan, I confirmed that the rowGroup server side issue on page 2 was fixed in version 2.0.8. Thank you very much!

Awesome - thanks for letting me know.

Allan