Is it possible to use fixedColumns without scrollX?

Is it possible to use fixedColumns without scrollX?

jcs2jcs2 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited May 29 in Free community support

Description of problem: Recently I upgraded to version 2.0 I noticed that fixing a column is not working as expected, unless scrollX parameter is initialized as true.

The problem I'm facing is that setting scrollX now renders the header row as a separate table found inside a dt-scroll-head container with overflow:hidden. I have custom content being rendered inside the headers (like multiselect dropdowns) which is getting cropped because of this.

Disabling scrollX fixes my rendering issue with the custom content but then fixing a column has no effect at all.

I can provide a sample code if required, in case my question is not enough. Thanks in advance for any support.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,262Questions: 1Answers: 10,423 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The simple answer is no. FixedColumns is only relevant when the table is scrolling horizontally, and in DataTables that is triggered with scrollX.

I have custom content being rendered inside the headers (like multiselect dropdowns) which is getting cropped because of this.

That is a pain. If the dropdown you are using has the option to insert itself at the body level, you could try that.

Allan

• jcs2jcs2 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you for the quick reply and the great work you do.

I was afraid it would not be possible. I'll try your suggestion.