I added a Datatable field to one of my Editors but it's not working as expected.

I added a Datatable field to one of my Editors but it's not working as expected.

StevenClarkStevenClark Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

The Datable field appears on the Editor but I'm not sure how to populate it with data. The Datagrid that the Editor references has a one to many relationship to the data that I want to appear in the Datable field on the Editor. Each record in the Datagrid contains an Id that is a foreign key to the Actions table which can contain multiple records for each record in the Datagrid. The records in the Actions Datable are read-only the user will never have to edit them. I apologize I'm still pretty new to using these controls but trying to understand how to do this.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin

Are you using our server-side libraries for PHP, .NET or Node.js here? If so, then use the Options class to populate it (for the simple case where you simply want to select a value - i.e. a more comprehensive control than a select, but basically that is all it does). There is an example of that here.

For multi-row selection, see this example (you mention one-to-many so this is probably the one you want).

Allan