We are experiencing issues with Editor issues (v1.7.4) when migrating to PHP8 from PHP 7.4.

We are experiencing issues with Editor issues (v1.7.4) when migrating to PHP8 from PHP 7.4.

mikducmikduc Posts: 30Questions: 8Answers: 0

Errors generated from server-side script.

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property DataTables\Database::$query_driver is deprecated in /www/seidenphp/htdocs/DataTables_Editor/php/Database/Database.php on line 61.

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property DataTables\Database\DriverDb2Query::$_dbHost is deprecated in /www/seidenphp/htdocs/DataTables_Editor/php/Database/Query.php on line 55.

Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /www/seidenphp/htdocs/researchdevelopment/formulamanagement/ssp_SampleFormulaLookup_Sandbox.php on line 69.

Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /www/seidenphp/htdocs/DataTables_Editor/php/Editor/Format.php on line 229.

Let me know if I need to provide additional information.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Yes, unfortunately there are PHP8 compatibility issues with old versions of Editor. This will be resolved by updating to the latest versions.

Allan

• mikducmikduc Posts: 30Questions: 8Answers: 0

We are also experiencing issues with utf8_encode function deprecation. Will the latest version of Editor fix these issues as well?

The current Editor PHP libraries do not use utf8_encode.

I'm running my dev machine with PHP 8.3.7 and the unit tests are passing cleanly.

Allan

• mikducmikduc Posts: 30Questions: 8Answers: 0

Just as a follow-up for clarification. We are running PHP 8.3.1 and the utf8_encode function works fine in our PHP scripts but when incorporated in an Editor server-side script the error arises.

Do you get a file name and a line number showing where the error is happening? As I say, the Editor libraries of the current release don't use utf8_encode().

Allan