colvis and stateSave gone wonky

colvis and stateSave gone wonky

foxy_stoatfoxy_stoat Posts: 18Questions: 6Answers: 0

Link to test case: https://live.datatables.net/wufovepe/1/edit
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net): Your debug code is: agosol
Error messages shown: None
Description of problem:

Hi

I think this is a new thing but cant be sure I first experienced it today after the 2.1 upgrade but that maybe a coincidence. Recreated using the above example on vanilla DT. If using stateSave with colvis (button) - if you switch off a column in ColVis then refresh page - the column reappears but is blank.

Expected (old) behavior was to keep column hidden.

If you use colvis again the column data comes back and can then be switched off again but a refresh gives same issue

Apologies if I have missed something obvious, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Pete

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,899Questions: 87Answers: 414

I would agree that it is a new thing. I made this test case with the versions I am using. Works fine, but not in your test case with the newer versions.

https://live.datatables.net/geramake/1/edit

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,899Questions: 87Answers: 414

@allan
    Could you take a look at this please. I had planned to migrate to 2.1 as well. @foxy_stoat 's issue would be mine, too :smile:

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin

Looking into it just now. Yes, no question that is a bug that was introduced in 2.1 and missed in the unit and manual tests. Thanks for flagging it up!

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Fix committed here along with a test added to make sure it doesn't happen again. Sorry I missed that one!

I'll release 2.1.2 with the fix soon, probably tomorrow.

Allan

• foxy_stoatfoxy_stoat Posts: 18Questions: 6Answers: 0

No Worries, no rush this end - thanks very much for looking into it - excellent service as usual !