Processing Indicator not evenly spaced

Processing Indicator not evenly spaced

d3d3 Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I'm seeing an unevenly spaced "processing" indicator on my editor popup (see below image). I'm not intentionally manipulating it in any way - simply using the dependent feature to update a field.

I'll see if I can get some sample code together to reproduce the issue if no immediate ideas.

-David.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin

Yes, if you could link to a page showing that issue, that would be very helpful.

Going to this page and running $('div.DTE_Processing_Indicator').css('display', 'block') in the console (with the editing view shown) has all the processing indicators looking okay.

Allan

• d3d3 Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan, thanks for the tip about using the JS console on one of your own pages.

The problem appears to be a result of using Bootstrap. If you do the same thing on this page, you'll see the symptom:

https://editor.datatables.net/examples/styling/bootstrap5.html

Seems to be coming from the "row" class - in particular the "--bs-gutter-x: 1.5rem;" rule.

-David.

edited July 26

To be more precise, it's the application of the --bs-gutter-x custom property to the padding-left CSS property (via the "row" class) - if I set padding-left to 0 on the DTE_Processing_Indicator element, things display fine.

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Thank you! I've just committed a fix for this and it will be in the next release.

Adding:

div.DTE div.DTE_Processing_Indicator {
       padding: 0;
    }

to your CSS will workaround it until the release (which shouldn't be too far away).

Allan

Excellent, thank you!