Responsive & ColReorder

Responsive & ColReorder

AdrianSmithUKAdrianSmithUK Posts: 24Questions: 9Answers: 0

Hello,

I have DataTables working with Responsive & ColReorder. I found this example where you mention: "At this time, only the column headers shown in the table can be used for reordering". Is this still the case?

Many thanks,

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,211Questions: 26Answers: 4,928

That example is using ColReorder 1.5.1. You can get to the current example, using ColReorder 2.0.4, by clicking Extensions on the left and navigating to ColReorder then examples. See this example. It states the same. Are you wanting to reorder in some other way?

There are some APIs that allow for reordering the columns. See the API list for details.

Kevin

• AdrianSmithUKAdrianSmithUK Posts: 24Questions: 9Answers: 0
    edited August 19

My client uses a CRM called Zoho and they are used to being able to organise the columns however they like. In Zoho you get a popup (like the colvis popup with handles instead of check icons) and you can drag the columns up and down. Is this something that I could achieve through the API?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,211Questions: 26Answers: 4,928

You will need to build the interface. The elements in the popup will need to have the column indexes associated. When the columns are reordered you can etch the current column index order and use colReorder.order() to change the order.

Kevin

• AdrianSmithUKAdrianSmithUK Posts: 24Questions: 9Answers: 0

Many thanks Kevin.