TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'emptyTable')

TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'emptyTable')

prajwalrajprajwalraj Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited September 17 in Free community support

My project was earlier was using 1.10.1 which due to vulnerable we have decided to move at least up to 1.10.11. but facing this error when page loading:

jQuery v2.1.1 used here.

Anything to be updated here. Any help would be appreciated.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,982Questions: 1Answers: 10,364 Site admin

Even 1.10.11 is over 8 years old and no longer supported. 2.1.6 is the current release.

You are using an internal property there. Anything inside the DataTables settings object is liable to change, even between minor versions. You should use i18n() to look up language tokens.

Allan

• prajwalrajprajwalraj Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

@allan

Thanks for quick response. This is like legacy code and migration to latest version is result in functionality break.

It would be great if you help me in understanding how i18n() will help me in solving the current issue.

• allanallan Posts: 62,982Questions: 1Answers: 10,364 Site admin
    edited September 17 Answer ✓

Oh - I misread the code. You are attempting to change an internal language property, which is not supported in any version of DataTables. I had thought you were getting the value before.

Try oSettings.oLanguage.sInfoEmpty = .... Again, it might break between versions since what you are doing is not supported, but I expect that to work.

Allan

• prajwalrajprajwalraj Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the help @allan .

setting Settings.oLanguage instead of Settings.language solved the issue.