v2.1.6 regression in horizontal scrolling (scrollX) behavior

v2.1.6 regression in horizontal scrolling (scrollX) behavior

chadrjohnsonchadrjohnson Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited September 18 in Free community support

Description of problem:
We have bordered tables with style="width:100%" and scrollX:true, autoWidth:true that typically display without a scrollbar at wider browser widths and then have a horizontal scrollbar when the columns, which are no-wrap, don't fit in the provided space.

When we upgraded from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6, we noticed that even on wider windows the scrollbar is always present. This happens in Chrome and FF, but doesn't happen in Safari. Examining the HTML, we see that the dt-scroll-body container will have width X and the child table will also have an inner width of X, plus 1px of left/right borders. I.e., the child table is 2px wider than the parent, resulting in a scrollbar that moves just 2px.

In Safari (and in 2.1.5) the child table has an inner width of (X-2)px. When the border pixels are added, the parent and child widths are identical and the scrollbar is hidden.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,982Questions: 1Answers: 10,364 Site admin

Could you try the nightly and see if that fixes it for you please? I reverted a change in how the column widths are handled.

If that doesn't resolve it, please link to a test case showing the issue.

Thanks,
    Allan

• chadrjohnsonchadrjohnson Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks Allan. I got the versions mixed up in my initial post. The issue was introduced in 2.1.5. I will test the nightly.

• allanallan Posts: 62,982Questions: 1Answers: 10,364 Site admin

Thank you. I hope to release it tomorrow, and if you are able to confirm the fix that will help :). If it doesn't resolve it, as I say, a link to a test case would be very useful.

Allan

• chadrjohnsonchadrjohnson Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Here's a test case.

Are the links on the nightly page correct? I see no difference between the JS there and the latest 2.1.6 release. Maybe I'm missing something.