I can never get anything to work - FixedHeader starts going down as soon as you start scrolling

I can never get anything to work - FixedHeader starts going down as soon as you start scrolling

mersenneprimesmersenneprimes Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2012 in FixedHeader
Please see example here: http://jsfiddle.net/mersenneprimes/3tsu9/10/

Isn't it supposed to start scrolling once the window reaches the top of thead?

I am a beginner and css/jquery and everything I have tried using DataTables so far simply does not work. The demo examples have external code.

thanks
ehab

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Works okay for me in Safari 5.1. What browser are you using?

Allan
  • JidoJido Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited April 2012
    I had the same problem. (latest versions of internet explorer and firefox)
    the problem is that the _fnUpdatePositions event isnt triggered, probally because of the frames/splitters it isnt found automaticly. With my project the duplicate header is placed somewhere outside the form.

so this isnt triggered at all :
    /* Event listeners for window movement */
    FixedHeader.afnScroll.push( function () {
    that._fnUpdatePositions.call(that);
    });

instead i bound it manually to the right div/table etc in the initialization of fixedheaders.js.
    $('#idnameofdiv').scroll(function () {
    that._fnUpdatePositions.call(that);
    });
  • hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yeah, buggy as hell here on my Firefox 11.0 - Windows 7 x64.

However, I do have a working version on my current project, So I'd say you might have a bug somewhere.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    I've just tried it with Firefox 11 Mac and my examples seem to work okay: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/FixedHeader/index.html . Can you link me to a test page that isn't working please? Also what are you seeing as the buggy behaviour - header moving to the left, right, too far down, JS errors etc?

Allan
  • hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan, since you are here, and although I can't show you at the moment.

A few days I noticed a "bug" where the plugin jEditable Wrapper, would cause a visual bug, I don't think FixHeader was expecting it what I did, it was caused with the option bottom:true.

But I'm not sure it's really a bug on the plug-in end or just something we have to deal with, what happened was, the footer moved on top of the input of jEditable a bit, due (I think) me having a css styling with a specific height that increased the row's height on edit, FixedHeader didn't account for the height being increased.

Cheers,
    Andre
This discussion has been closed.