jEditable problems upgrading to 2.3.1 from 1.3

jEditable problems upgrading to 2.3.1 from 1.3

bandan88bandan88 Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2012 in General
Hi, I have succesfully implemented jquery.datatable.editable v 1.3 in my site. I am testing v2.3.1 of jquery.datatable.editable and discovered that the operation of adding a new record has been changed with the inputs in formAddNewRow needing to have a rel attribute specified for them.

[quote]Form can have more elements that a table columns. To map the values in the form with the columns in the table, each element that matches the table columns must have a rel attribute. Rel attributes of the elements must match the column positions in the table." - From the datatables.editable wiki.[/quote]

My situation is the reverse, I have more columns than elements.

I have a table of 25 columns and in my formAddNewRow, I have 11 input elements and I have attached rel attributes to each of these. When I refresh, I get 14 error messages like this one (one for each column in the table that does not have a corresponding input):

[quote]In the form that is used for adding new records cannot be found an input element with rel=0 that will be bound to the value in the column 0. See http://code.google.com/p/jquery-datatables-editable/wiki/AddingNewRecords#Add_new_record_form for more details[/quote]

In this case, column "0" is used for the drill down rows open icon.

Has anybody else encountered this problem? Does anybody have a fix?

I have posted this question in this forum first as it is more active than the datatables.editable forum.

Thanks, Bandan88
This discussion has been closed.