[Solved] Paging and other controls missing in IE7

[Solved] Paging and other controls missing in IE7

maliwikmaliwik Posts: 55Questions: 5Answers: 1
edited December 2009 in General
Hello,

I'm having some difficulty making this work on one of my pages in IE7. I've used this numerous times on many other sites (fantastic job, by the way! :)) but for some reason, the site I'm currently working on is experiencing difficulty with the plugin in IE7. Alas, I cannot provide an example because it's in an administrative section of the site. However, I can provide the code. Here's the code for the table itself:

[code]

Title
Date
Status
Details
Writer

Title
Date
Status
Details
Writer

<%repeatregion{%>

<%=dynamic%>
<%=dynamic%>
<%=dynamic%>
<%=dynamic%>
<%=dynamic%>
<%
}//endrepeatregion%>

[/code]

As you can see, it's pretty basic. The following is the initialization code:

[code]

//<!--
$(document).ready(function(){
$('table#atrp1dsmTable').dataTable({
"sDom": '<"top"frp><"contentOverflow"t><"paginationDiv"<"lengthDiv"l>i>',
"sPaginationType": "full_numbers",
"oLanguage": {
"sSearch": "Search all columns:"
}
});
});
//-->

[/code]

This is the same code I have used on another site but with an earlier version of DataTables. It seemed to work fine in IE7 on that site, but I can't get it to work on this site. I also tried disabling all of my styles with the exception of the default DataTables stylesheet but the controls still do not show up in IE7. The table shows up fine with the headers, but there is no pagination, filtering, etc.

The following is a screenshot of what I see in IE7: http://omploader.org/vMnlueQ/datatables.PNG

And this is what it looks like in Firefox: http://omploader.org/vMnlvMA/datatables-firefox.PNG

Would anyone happen to have any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem?

Thanks!

--Mike

Replies

• rbaier4rbaier4 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    This seems to be a bug with v1.5.5.

I was experiencing the same problem in both IE7 and IE8. As soon as I downgraded to v1.5.4 the controls reappeared.
  • maliwikmaliwik Posts: 55Questions: 5Answers: 1
    Any word on a possible bugfix anytime soon?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi Mike,

It does indeed appear that something funny has happened in 1.5.5 with IE - but I'm having a hard time pinning it down. Are you getting any Javascript errors cropping up?

Thanks,
    Allan
  • allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi Mike,

Think I've got it - there was an issue with sDom processing in IE. I've just issued release 1.5.6 which addresses this specific issue (and only this issue). Hopefully this will do the trick for you - please let me know if not!

Regards,
    Allan
  • maliwikmaliwik Posts: 55Questions: 5Answers: 1
    It works!

Fantastic Allan, thanks so much for your hard work in creating and maintaining this tool! I continue to recommend it to all my friends in the web-design-world :)

Keep up the good work!

--Mike
This discussion has been closed.