Example of Select

Example of Select

Karl53Karl53 Posts: 72Questions: 29Answers: 0

Is there an Editor example on the site that includes the default Select control used inline? I dug around but didn't find one.

Basically, what I want to do is check its behavior. I'm not sure if I broke something. When a user clicks on mine, it does not stay open unless they continue to hold down the mouse button. Also, I'm using the Bootstrap styling.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• rduncecbrduncecb Posts: 125Questions: 2Answers: 28

I noticed behaviour like this when using IE and the native browser select control, the quickest solution for me was to switch to one of the plugins such as Chosen, Select2 or Selectize.

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Yes, this example shows a select field in the final column.

Allan

• Karl53Karl53 Posts: 72Questions: 29Answers: 0

@allan thanks. The select in the example, as you already know, works perfectly. Guess I'll try to see if I can duplicate the problem I'm having with a very simple example. Perhaps it's related to Bootstrap?

@rduncecb perhaps that's where I'll end up. Thanks for the reminder they're available.

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

I guess it is possible, although I'd be a little surprised. I'll try building that example with Bootstrap on Monday. More likely there is another plug-in or event handler that is causing the issue. Using the Chrome profiler might indicate what function (if any) is triggering the issue.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.