Multiple RowReorder Request

Multiple RowReorder Request

jr42.gordonjr42.gordon Posts: 305Questions: 2Answers: 49

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/37570/multiple-rowreorder-with-select-extension

@allan just wanted to know where this request was on your ever growing list? I too have come in need of this functionality.

Could current DataTables be "tricked" to mimic this desired functionality via RowReorder events?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

I'm afraid its not likely to be implemented in the short term. There aren't any workarounds that I can think of at the moment - it would really need to be integrated directly into RowReorder.

Allan

• jr42.gordonjr42.gordon Posts: 305Questions: 2Answers: 49
    edited March 2017

@allan I believe I got it working completely now. Took another crack at trying to figure out that minor bug. Will send you updated js file in your inbox for review.

• debduttacdebduttac Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi @allan ,
    We also need a functionality where multiple rows can be selected (using select extension) and rows (selected) can be re-ordered.

I understand that there is no straight forward way.
    Is there any plan to get this kind of extension in near future ?

If anybody is working on it, I would like to contribute for our mutual benefit.

Thanks,
    Deb

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your reply. Its not something we are currently working on I'm afraid. My main concern is what to do about cases were you select rows which are not contiguous. Say you select row 1 and 5 and move them down, that's going to be tricky to handle and I suspect a lot of work!

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.