are there any complete, simple page examples?

are there any complete, simple page examples?

ddenes330ddenes330 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm sure this application is very flexible and useful. But to those of us, the uninitiated, throwing a table and one small jquery method in the 'help' and calling it an example doesn't help. I can: 1) copy the entire source of your example page and watch it thrash, or, I can copy the shards (excuse, me, snippets) you provide and watch it do nothing. One, full, complete, simple, ready-to-run example page would mean the world of difference.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to try to assemble more scraps of code. Can anyone help?

Answers

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

Allan has set up live.datatables.net for use to play with. It starts with the most basic implantation.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

All the relevant code is available on the example pages. The simplest one is
    here:
    https://datatables.net/examples/basic_init/zero_configuration.html
    See under the appropriate tabs for Javascript, HTML, and CSS,

The "uninitiated" must accept that they have some learning to do.
    Are you running a web page anywhere? Do you have a local server running?
    Do you at least know HTML?
    With neither the time nor the inclination, how far do you expect to get?

• allanallan Posts: 63,160Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

I'd welcome feedback on what can be done to make it easier to get started with DataTables. Perhaps you can explain what you are struggling with?

To use DataTables basically all you have to do is include the CSS and JS for DataTables the code for which is shown on the download page. And then initialise DataTables on your table:

$(document).ready(function(){
        $('#myTable').DataTable();
    });

This is detailed at length in the manual. Is there anything missing there?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.