Editor popups showing behind bootstrap modal window

Editor popups showing behind bootstrap modal window

rgfirefly242rgfirefly242 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited August 2017 in Free community support

I am using the DataTable + editor in a bootstrap modal window. I can use inline edit with it, but if I set a field to datetime the datetime picker shows up behind the modal window. Also, if i use standard edit or bubble edit those windows show behind the modal as well. It appears to be a z-index issue between bootstrap and the editor; however, I'm having issues resetting the z-index in order to allow them to appear above. It appears that the editor is anchoring to the main page instead of the modal that it's included in. Is there a way to override the z-index of the editor or set it to anchor to the modal window so that the popups show above?

Answers

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,808Questions: 85Answers: 406

I had something very similar a while ago. I had to edit the datatables.css file to get it working. Eventually Allan fixed it in the next release.

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/39293/problem-with-selectize-rendering#latest

"It appears that the editor is anchoring to the main page instead of the modal that it's included in. Is there a way to override the z-index of the editor or set it to anchor to the modal window so that the popups show above?"

Maybe Allan can help you out with a better solution next week. For the time being I could only suggest to override the Editor CSS with your own.

These look like the relevant CSS entries for overriding:

div.DTE_Bubble {
      position: absolute;
      z-index: 11;
      margin-top: -6px;
      opacity: 0;
    }

div.DTE_Bubble div.DTE_Bubble_Liner div.DTE_Bubble_Close {
      top: -11px;
      right: -11px;
      width: 22px;
      height: 22px;
      border: 2px solid white;
      background-color: black;
      text-align: center;
      border-radius: 15px;
      cursor: pointer;
      z-index: 12;
      box-shadow: 2px 2px 6px #111;
    }

div.DTE_Bubble_Background {
      position: fixed;
      top: 0;
      left: 0;
      width: 100%;
      height: 100%;
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);
      /* Fallback */
      background: -ms-radial-gradient(center, ellipse farthest-corner, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3) 0%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7) 100%);
      /* IE10 Consumer Preview */
      background: -moz-radial-gradient(center, ellipse farthest-corner, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3) 0%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7) 100%);
      /* Firefox */
      background: -o-radial-gradient(center, ellipse farthest-corner, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3) 0%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7) 100%);
      /* Opera */
      background: -webkit-gradient(radial, center center, 0, center center, 497, color-stop(0, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), color-stop(1, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7)));
      /* Webkit (Safari/Chrome 10) */
      background: -webkit-radial-gradient(center, ellipse farthest-corner, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3) 0%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7) 100%);
      /* Webkit (Chrome 11+) */
      background: radial-gradient(ellipse farthest-corner at center, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3) 0%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7) 100%);
      /* W3C Markup, IE10 Release Preview */
      z-index: 10;
    }

div.DTE_Bubble_Background {
      position: fixed;
      top: 0;
      left: 0;
      right: 0;
      bottom: 0;
      z-index: 10;
      background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);
    }

div.editor-datetime {
      background-color: white;
      z-index: 2050;
      border: 1px solid #ccc;
      box-shadow: 0 5px 15px -5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
      padding-bottom: 5px;
    }

• allanallan Posts: 61,775Questions: 1Answers: 10,112 Site admin

It is almost certainly a z-index issue. This example for Bootstrap 3 appears to work no problem. Have you altered your z-indexes for the Bootstrap modal perhaps?

Can you give me a link to a test page?

Thanks,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.