New Download Builder missing Editor plugins like Select2?

New Download Builder missing Editor plugins like Select2?

geometrygeometry Posts: 22Questions: 6Answers: 0

Where have the extra plugins/extensions for the Editor gone in the download builder?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,436Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

They are no longer available in the download builder I'm afraid. They weren't used much and were taking a fair amount of server resources for the little they were used. It also added complications for the NPM / Yarn installs which are now shown in the download builder.

However, the plug-ins are all still available - there is now just the extra step of needing to include the plug-in manually.

Regards,
    Allan

• geometrygeometry Posts: 22Questions: 6Answers: 0

Ah I see. I can understand it for the npm/yarn install but it was handy to build all the code into 1 minified file but I can do that myself I suppose

• geometrygeometry Posts: 22Questions: 6Answers: 0

@allan sorry to open this issue again, but would it be possible to provide a link to the minified version of the code on the extensions pages (e.g select2) that uses the same minification tools you use for the download builder?

This way I can just append it to the end of my single minified file from the download builder

• allanallan Posts: 61,436Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I pass it through Closure Compiler for the minification of the DataTables extensions.

However, you could use JSMin, UglifyJS or any other minification tool - it shouldn't make any difference since they will leave the externals as they are.

I will look into adding a download option for min file of the plug-ins though - thanks for the suggestion.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.