Is there a way to prevent Autofill in the horizontal direction

Is there a way to prevent Autofill in the horizontal direction

msand01msand01 Posts: 54Questions: 24Answers: 1

ehonep

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• msand01msand01 Posts: 54Questions: 24Answers: 1

I tried using this from an earlier posting, but I believe I am still missing something since the horizontal direction is still enabled:
    delete $.fn.dataTable.AutoFill.actions.fillHorizontal;

I have a DT debug test case: ehonep

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Thanks for your question. The answer is, at the moment, no, there is no way to disallow a horizontal fill. However, that is an excellent suggestion for a future enhancement - thank you for making it! I've added it to my list!

Regards,
    Allan

• ilyakapitanilyakapitan Posts: 8Questions: 3Answers: 0

@allan Any estimated time when this could be implemented? This was asked like half year ago.

Also, just not to make a separate question, since we are talking about enhancements... Google excel's autofill can be triggered with keyboard as well, you just press shift, hold it and use arrow keys. Can something like that be implemented for the autofill?

No - I currently don't have an estimated time for this as I'm working on other aspects of DataTables and its extensions. Pull requests welcome though :smile:.

Yes, keyboard support with AutoFill could be implemented - possibly interfacing with KeyTable in some way. I'm afraid I'm unlikely to get time to implement that any time soon either though.

Allan

Answer ✓

I've just committed autoFill.vertical and autoFill.horizontal options to AutoFill which will be in the up coming 2.3.0 release.

Allan

• msand01msand01 Posts: 54Questions: 24Answers: 1

Fantastic, thank you.

This discussion has been closed.