server side scripting for the postgres(psql) is not working?

server side scripting for the postgres(psql) is not working?

vaishnavkokavaishnavkoka Posts: 132Questions: 23Answers: 1

I tried using the server side scripting code from the link https://datatables.net/examples/data_sources/server_side
this code works only for the mysql, it does not work for postgres database.
Is there any other sample code which supports the postgres database?
ssp.class file which is must for server-side scripting would be much appreciated if someone can share me the one.
Thanks
Koka

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

You could either modify the SSP demo class to work with Postgres. Or you could use the Editor PHP libraries if you want. They will work with postgres and server-side processing.

Allan

• vaishnavkokavaishnavkoka Posts: 132Questions: 23Answers: 1

Hi @allan ,

Thanks for the reply, I found config.php file in the link provided by you, but i am still confused which could be the 2 files for working with server-side(ajax), A little guidance from you regarding this part is highly appreciated(direct link of those two files).

Regards
    Koka

Hello @allan ,

Any update regarding this issue ?

Thanks
    Koka

I don't understand what you mean by "2 files for working with server-side"? You need the whole Editor PHP library if you want to take that approach.

This page details how you can set up the libraries.

Worth noting that the Editor PHP libraries are MIT licensed. You don't need an Editor license to use them. That's only for the client-side component of Editor.

Thanks,
    Allan

Hey Allan,

I don't need an datatable editor, I am actually looking for the files which supports postgreSQL database, if you follow the link & click on the "Server-side Script" you will find a code which supports mysql database+ it has ssp.class file(which is useful for ajax), In the same way I need script which supports PostgreSQL database.

Thanks
    Koka

Yup - my point was that you could use the Editor server-side scripts which support server-side processing and Postgres.

However, if you'd rather use the SSP class, you'd need to modify it a little to add support for Postgres.

Allan

Hi @allan ,

Are these the two files which would support my criteria ?

Let me know through direct link please.

Thanks
    Koka

Hi Allan,
    Did you find those links ?

Thanks
    Koka

No - you would need the whole library. Not just those two files.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.