I have an issue with inline editing.

I have an issue with inline editing.

mikducmikduc Posts: 25Questions: 7Answers: 0

I have a single character database field for accepting alpha and special character data [possible values: 'M', 'm', 'R', '<'] from my datatables grid. Everything works fine except when inputting the special character '<'. Other special characters work ok.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,436Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

Perhaps you could link to a page showing the issue, or perhaps saying what it is that is going wrong when you enter <?

Allan

• mikducmikduc Posts: 25Questions: 7Answers: 0

Allan,

I do not have an outside link to the page giving me issues. I have included the error code from the response in debug. Hope this is sufficient.

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>: db2_execute(): Statement Execute Failed in <b>/www/zendphp7/htdocs/DataTables_Editor/php/Database/Driver/Db2/Query.php</b> on line <b>137</b><br />
    {"fieldErrors":[],"error":"DB2 SQL error = 22001","data":[],"ipOpts":[],"cancelled":[],"debugSql":[]}

Thanks,
    Mike

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

DB2 SQL error = 22001 means this:

THE VALUE OF INPUT VARIABLE OR PARAMETER NUMBER position-number IS INVALID OR TOO LARGE FOR THE TARGET COLUMN OR THE TARGET VALUE

What is the data type of the field in question?

The declaration for the field in question is:

QSPECR CHAR(1) CCSID 37 NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

The interesting thing is that I can manually update the field with the value "<" causing the error through in-line editing - no problems.

• allanallan Posts: 61,436Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Mike,

I wonder if the Xss protection is kicking in (it shouldn't be in PHP, but let's check). Add ->xss(false) to the Field instance where this is an issue.

Thanks,
    Allan

Alan,

Perfect, that solved the problem.

Thanks for you help.
    Mike

This discussion has been closed.