Documentation for cell().data() is wrong.

Documentation for cell().data() is wrong.

pgorbaspgorbas Posts: 13Questions: 3Answers: 0

I am referring to page : https://datatables.net/reference/api/cell().data()

The page states at the top "Since: DataTables 1.10" And the value I get when I run $.fn.dataTable.version is "1.10.8".

The documentation says this, sample code 1 on the page, will work, but when I run it ( only replacing the Table's parents Div id from '#example tbody' to '<MyTableId> tbody' the resulting value in the alert is "Undefined"

var table = $('#example').DataTable();

$('#example tbody').on( 'click', 'td', function () {
    alert( table.cell( this ).data() );
} );

Indeed when I run this line var XXX = table.cell(this).data();, the value of XXX is also "Undefined". The cell I clicked on displays the value "9999999999"

Replies

• pgorbaspgorbas Posts: 13Questions: 3Answers: 0

If I try to SET the data per example 2 code

var cell = table.cell( this );
        cell.data( "FUBAR" ).draw();//changed data from "cell.data() + 1" to "FUBAR"

The DataTable code throws an exception:

And a step deeper:

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,139Questions: 26Answers: 4,734

I tried your examples here and it seems to work:
    http://live.datatables.net/coberesu/1/edit

I even tried with 1.10.8 in the test case.

Maybe its something with your Angular environment causing a problem with this. Sorry, I'm not familiar with Angular.

Kevin

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

As Kevin's example shows, it's behaving there. It would be worth updating to the most recent version, 1.10.18 (1.10.19 is the same!) - and seeing if that helps. If not, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.