Use DataTables in TablePress to create sports cup standings

Use DataTables in TablePress to create sports cup standings

eriohmeriohm Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello.

I'm trying to create at site with standings in the World Cup for mountain bike. Today the International cycling union only present this in PDF format and is not really that good.

Today I'm doing this manually but since DataTables is integrated to the TablePress WordPress plugin i'm using there might an easier way.

What I'm asking is if it is possible to sum cells, calculate difference between cup leader and the rest and automatically sort the table so most points is first and so on.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @eriohm ,

Yep, all that's possible. Because you're using TablePress and using the shortcode on your WordPress page, you would need to refer to the TablePress docs/forum on how to configure it.

Cheers,

Colin

• eriohmeriohm Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

HI colin and thanks for your suggestion.

However, after contacting the developer of TablePress he said it was not possible to use the DataTables integration to TablePress to accomplish this.

So, if I want to do this using "only" DataTables, where the heck should I start? :smile:

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

What I'm asking is if it is possible to sum cells, calculate difference between cup leader and the rest

This can be done in callbacks, like this.

and automatically sort the table so most points is first and so on.

This can be done with order

• eriohmeriohm Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks Colin for pointing me in the right direction.
    Now is the question if I can figure out to implement it. :smile:

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.