Are the @types available for datatables.net-editor to use in angular 7 project?

Are the @types available for datatables.net-editor to use in angular 7 project?

veera pattapuveera pattapu Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

I'm getting "Property 'Editor' does not exist on type 'StaticFunctions'." error when initialising a datatables.net-editor.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,161Questions: 1Answers: 2,588

Hi @veera pattapu ,

Editor is a licensed extension for DataTables. Are you using a licensed version?

Cheers,

Colin

• veera pattapuveera pattapu Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am ok to buy the licensed version, now I'm using the trail version. I want to check the trail version as seen in demo https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/submitButton.html perfectly in my angular 7 application

• colincolin Posts: 15,161Questions: 1Answers: 2,588

Hi @veera pattapu ,

There are a few threads on the forum for using Angular 7, such as this and this.

It would be worth looking at those, and if no joy, please report back with details of what you've done and what the current state is.

Cheers,

Colin

• veera pattapuveera pattapu Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

I tried them, but still the error persists. "Property 'Editor' does not exist on type 'StaticFunctions'.ts(2339)"

• allanallan Posts: 61,824Questions: 1Answers: 10,131 Site admin

Ah - you are using TypeScript. We don't actually publish TypeScript definitions for Editor (or actually any of our other libraries) - yet so I'm afraid you would need to augment the DataTables typings that you are using.

Another option would be to use new ($.fn.dataTable as any).Editor(...);.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.