Why isn't Datatables styles on cdnjs.com?

Why isn't Datatables styles on cdnjs.com?

paultechguypaultechguy Posts: 8Questions: 5Answers: 0

Just an FYI to help promote the use of Datatables, be aware that Microsoft recently released their Visual Studio replacement for Bower, libman, to manage third-party libraries. This was done in August 2018.

The only CDN currently supported in libman is cdnjs.com. Although I see datatables.net on this CDN, it does not appear that the styling options (e.g. Bootstrap) are on cdnjs.com. Without that support, it is difficult for Microsoft Visual Studio users use libman for packaging both datatables and the style support.

I realize you can use datatables site to package the styling as a bundle, but that defeats the use of package managers like the new libman. Would love to see the styles on cdnjs.com as supported on this page:

https://cdn.datatables.net/

Many thanks.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

The distribution repos are all available - e.g. this is the Bootstrap 4 styling for DataTables. CDNJS are very welcome to pull them in. Perhaps I should make some time to send them a PR with the required repos thinking about it.

Allan

• zachpainter77zachpainter77 Posts: 22Questions: 1Answers: 1

I'd also like to have access to all of the plugins from cdnjs.com or another cdn provider that is accepted from Visual Studio's libman as well.

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

@zachpainter77 - see your other thread for any response.

• hodoninskahodoninska Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

I would like to be able to download the select and buttons extensions using libman but they aren't available on CDNJS either.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

You can use unpkg along with our npm packages as described in the thread Colin linked to above.

Allan

• hodoninskahodoninska Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks Allan - I misunderstood the other thread and thought that only colreorder was available on npm. I'll read more carefully in future.

This discussion has been closed.