SearchPanes Cascade Issue

SearchPanes Cascade Issue

kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
edited January 2020 in SearchPanes

I have an interesting issue with cascadePanes. My table has four panes similar to this Test Case. When clicking a row in the 3rd pane (Line Type) the other panes filter appropriately. Clearing the filter in the 3rd pane via either the X or deselecting the row causes the panes to refresh. The problem is the 4th pane (Reason) displays No data available in table in the table. Clicking X on that pane refreshes it and it loads all the options appropriately.

The test case is close to what I have but of course it works correctly :smile: I was thinking maybe the delay in processing the orthogonal data for one of the other panes might cause a race condition. I'm not sure how to recreate the issue yet. Wondering if you have any ideas.

This is the screenshot with one filter option selected:

Deselecting that row results in this:

Clicking the X to clear the filters in the Disconnect Reason table repopulates the table. Let me know if you have any ideas or if you need more information.

Kevin

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Nothing springs to mind from me, I've not seen that and can't reproduce it either. I'll see if @sandy has any ideas.

Colin

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi Kevin,

I'm afraid it isn't obvious to me either, especially given that the other panes are as expected.

Is it at all possible to create a test case that replicates the issue?

Thanks,
    Sandy

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Is it at all possible to create a test case that replicates the issue?

Haven't been successful yet. Will post back if I can replicate the issue.

Kevin

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

That would be great thank you :)

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Finally figured it out! I'm using rows.add() to populate the table. Found that I needed to use searchPanes.rebuildPane() to display the search panes. Subsequently I added a couple more but forgot to use searchPanes.rebuildPane() for them.

I use a class when initializing the searchPanes. A feature request is to allow using a class with searchPanes.rebuildPane() or maybe even the options available with target. This way I don't need to remember to update other areas of code. Providing no argument can add panes I don't want.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.