Why does event responsive.display clash with responsive.details.renderer?

Why does event responsive.display clash with responsive.details.renderer?

GirlsAreSoftGirlsAreSoft Posts: 10Questions: 2Answers: 0

Just FYI: I'm using Angular 8 and Angular-Datatables.

I create the DataTables.Settings object and then define the responsive.details.renderer event so I can make a custom display panel. Works fine. However, when I add the event code copied directly from the responsive.details.display documentation page on this site and wire it up by assigning the function to settings.responsive.details.display, the display event fires first and fires even before the panel is requested. That's the first issue because the description on the page indicates that this event is supposed to fire after the panel is drawn.
Secondly, the parameters coming into the event handler are incomplete. Several are undefined.
Third, the renderer event handler is never called.

It sort of looks like the details.display handler is getting crossed up somewhere and is being fired as some sort of pre- event instead of a post- event.

I haven't tried wiring up the event directly to the table element's container using jQuery but I'll try that next and see what event is actually emitted.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• GirlsAreSoftGirlsAreSoft Posts: 10Questions: 2Answers: 0

Colin,

Thanks. I believe I see the issues.

I was conflating the https://datatables.net/reference/event/responsive-display information (whereby I see that I need to wire up an event receiver to listen) with the https://datatables.net/reference/option/responsive.details.display page, which, to be honest, looks a lot like the responsive.details.renderer functionality.

So, I'm not sure what this second link is for unless it is a pre-render function that can determine whether to call the responsive.details.renderer function. Yes?

Anyway, at this point the only action item I'd recommend from this is just to maybe clarify a little more on these event pages the order of events. The names are so close that it is easy to get confused.

Or is there already an event model map somewhere? That would be super helpful!

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.